About Teaching Online

What services does AIETA offer online?

AIETA connects teachers with jobs teaching children in China between the ages 4-12. Located in San Francisco, AIETA partners with employment opportunities for one-on-one English language instruction provided online by highly qualified teachers. The curriculum provided to you and is based on the U.S. Common Core State Standards.

Getting Started

Can I apply if I do not have a bachelor’s degree?

Our partner is very strict on applicants’ education level and requires applicants to have at least a Bachelor’s degree. Unfortunately, we cannot accept applicants without a college degree.
Where do I have to live in to be eligible to teach online?
You can teach online from anywhere as long as you have a stable internet connection.

What is the recruitment & hiring process like?

Applicants pass through four stages before teaching online

1. Interview

2. Sign contract and send us required materials

3. Teacher training

4. Active teacher

What do I need to display in the interview?

You will need to display how well you are able to explain activities to a foundation level student, how you are able to elicit complete answers from the student, your ESL teaching skills, and your time management. Also, be prepared for the slides as it is very obvious if you never looked at them and could result in failing the application process in some cases.

Do I need to prepare teaching material?

No, the curriculum has already been designed for every class. However, teachers must prepare for class by reviewing the class materials beforehand. Teachers may preview class materials in the classroom on the teacher portal 6-12 hours in advance.

When and how will teachers be paid?

Teachers are paid through direct bank deposits between the 10th and 15th of each month.
Teach Online

About Teaching Abroad

What we offer abroad

AIETA attempts to provide teachers with a unique opportunity to travel the world and make money at the same time. We connect teachers with schools in foreign countries looking for English teachers. These schools normally hire on twelve-month contracts.

What do these schools offer?

These schools normally provide a monthly allowance, a travel stipend to cover the cost of the flight, free housing, and health insurance.

What do I need to teach abroad?

The countries we currently have partnerships in are very strict on education level and requires applicants to have at least a Bachelor’s degree for a legal work visa. In addition, teachers need one of the following; Bachelors in English or Education, a TEFL/TOSEl or equivalent teaching certification, or two years of relevant teaching experience.

Who worries about the work visa?

The school that hires you will ask for the necessary paperwork and will get the work visa for you! It is necessary to get a work visa before you ever leave your home country.

Teach Abroad


Where is AIETA located?

AIETA is headquartered in beautiful San Francisco, California. Located in the Silicon Valley we use the newest technology for an improved experience.

What is AIETA?

AIETA is a resource for teachers looking to teach students outside of North America. We connect teachers with jobs both abroad and online.

Is it available in my country?

At the moment we currently focus on helping teachers in North America, U.K, Ireland, South Africa, and other English speaking countries.